About this webinar
A selection of this year's Phacilitate Automation SIG participants has kicked off discussion in the build-up to the 2018 SIG event this May. This discussion addressed the adoption, implementation and integration of automated solutions in cell-based therapy manufacturing and supply chains.
You can watch & listen this complimentary webinar online and find out the state of play today and in what direction our ‘next steps’ should take us.
What we have discussed
- What must be automated? (There are lots of ‘cans’ and ‘shoulds’ and ‘coulds’ - but what about defining some ‘musts’?)
- What simply can’t be automated?
- Which way will the sector go, ultimately: ‘islands’ of automation or an all-encompassing automated solution?
- Does automation have to make the process ‘better’, or only consistent? (What does ‘better’ mean? Is it about efficiency)?
- Is stepwise automation OK?
- David Hodl, Vice President, Business Development, Cell Therapy, Invetech (chair)
- Dr Vijay Chiruvolu, Vice President of Process Sciences & Engineering, Kite - A Gilead Company
- Dr Nicholas Medcalf, Innovation Lead - Advanced Therapies, Innovate UK
- Dr Qasim Rafiq, Associate Professor, Cell & Gene Therapy Bioprocessing, Department of Biochemical Engineering, University College London
- Dr Valérie Steenwinckel, Director of Industrialisation, Celyad